If we’re going to get to know each other, there is something you should know about me. I love broccoli.
I think think that there is a good chance that it loves me back; which, is why, I feel like I should treat it better. Poor broccoli, it normally gets cut up into florets and stalks (are you eating your broccoli stocks? If not, you’re missing out!), thrown into a pot with some water, and steamed. I’d be pretty PO’d if I was broccoli, so I decided to give it the royal treatment.
I’ve roasted broccoli before, without much fuss, but this time was different. This time involved a chili pepper, fresh oregano, and spices… this was feisty broccoli.
Feisty Broccoli (serves 2-3 as a side dish)
- 1-2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3 small bunches of broccoli (~1.5lbs)
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- a few generous grinds of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Wash broccoli, and then cut into florets and stalks (do you eat your broccoli stalks? I sure hope so!)
- Line a large baking sheet (or 2 small baking sheets) with aluminum foil, and rub foil with oil.
- Mix broccoli, seasonings, and oil and spread out on baking sheet.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until broccoli is cooked through.